Children are being invited to a winter wonderland at Wat Tyler Country Park this Christmas.
The theme is “Do you believe” with a host of fantasy activities planned on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 December.
The activities include distributing wild flower seeds from glass vials, designing fairy lanterns, decorating key rings, building fairy homes in the woods, den building and toasting marshmallows.
The activities will culminate in a lantern walk with homemade cookies and hot chocolate by the fire at 3.30pm.
There are two 90 minute sessions available.
11am to 12.30pm and 1.15pm to 2.45pm.
Sessions cost £6 per child. Children aged three and under get a 50% discount.
Those with “Warrior” badges get a £1 discount.
Evening Warrior's, as promised I said I would put up what we are doing during the October holidays.
Will start taking bookings on the 10th of September, this way posters and flyers will be ready, but you guys have priority.
Have a pleasant rest of the weekend and thank you all again for a lovely summer x
Good evening Warriors,
I can't believe the summer holidays are upon us so soon.
Here is the information that you are all waiting for, for the 6 weeks.
Monday's 23rd 30th July, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th August: Romans
• Build from wooden blocks the Collosium,
• Make a Roman tea coaster using grout and stones as the Romans would of done to produce beautiful mosaic floors.
• Make a Roman coil clay pot.
• Can you recreate Mount Vesuvius with the volcanic eruption that wiped out Popmpeii.
Tuesday's 24th, 31st July, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th August: Science/Weather
• Create jar experiments such as: Lightning, hurricanes.
• We will see how rain clouds are made using food colouring and shaving foam.
• Decorate your very own rainbow magnet
• Complete the weather trail.
Wednesday's 25th July, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd 29th August: Robin Hood in the woods
• Robin Hood trail and search for Richard the Lion Heart's gold along the way, to give to the poor.
• Make and pointy hat for Maid Marrion and Robin to wear in the woods.
• Have ago at soft archery, become a vigilante in the woods as our well loved Robin.
• Learn how to lash together a simple frame and collect natural resources to make a tapestry.
Thursday's 26th July, 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th August: Woodcraft
• Make a pencil that actually writes
• Using tools, make a wooden face to hang in the garden.
• Learn how to make fire using a flint and steel.
• Den building
• Cook your own toast on the fire and serve it up with a portion of Baked beans.
All these activities will take place at:
Wat Tyler Country Park
Pitsea Hall lane
Times for activities:
10:00 - 11:30 am
12:30 - 2:00pm
Please book via the Woodland Warrior Facebook page letting me know the date, time and names/ages of children that are attending along with your name for the booking form (none of this information is retained and this is discarded keeping in line with new G.P.D.R data protection laws.
Look forward to hearing from you soon